NGINX - /etc/nginx/conf.d is empty

Viewed 4493

I'm working with Nginx From Beginner to Pro. The book affirms that:

The /etc/nginx/conf.d folder contains two files, default.conf and example_ssl.conf .

but when I open my /etc/nginx/conf.d then make the list command I have nothing but just some dots like .. . which appears and are impossible to handle -neither read or open. So I'm wondering what it happens and why I haven't my files appears in the directory. After having made some searches on web I have found nothing relevant to me. Also it's impossible to create neither a folder or file in this directory.

Currently I have create an another folder and probably will use it to insert some custom configuration.

1 Answers

Today, I also fell into the same issue.

When I was trying to fetch this file using FileZilla, it was not showing up. But then I logged in through Putty and ran the command

sudo nano /etc/nginx/conf.d

The file got opened up with all its contents.

I hope this helps others.

PS: we should not try to alter this file at beginner level. I had to find it only to increase the hash_bucket_limit inside http object. (Because the length of my domain name regex was larger than default limit).

Related