I just installed Postgres newly and I try to check if its running and on what port, although I know what default port it normally has these commands are not showing me the port.
service postgresql status
I get this
postgresql.service - PostgreSQL RDBMS
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/postgresql.service; enabled; vendor prese
Active: active (exited) since Tue 2018-09-18 14:17:14 CEST; 22min ago
Process: 2632 ExecStart=/bin/true (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 2632 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Tasks: 0
Memory: 0B
CPU: 0
CGroup: /system.slice/postgresql.service
Sep 18 14:17:14 user-HP-Pavilion-TS-15-Notebook-PC systemd[1]: Starting PostgreS
Sep 18 14:17:14 user-HP-Pavilion-TS-15-Notebook-PC systemd[1]: Started PostgreSQ
Sep 18 14:39:19 user-HP-Pavilion-TS-15-Notebook-PC systemd[1]: Started PostgreSQ
And when I just try to simply check process and see what port it shows this after the command
sudo netstat -plunt |grep postgres
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:5432 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 2592/postgres
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:9187 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 1065/postgres_expor
How can I get the port to show and what is going on?