Tab key is not working in visual studio code

Viewed 7677

Tab key is not working for abbreviation in visual studio code.I have tried lot.How can I fix the problem?I am frustrated.Thinking of using Bracket instead of visual studio code.

5 Answers

In my case
Using (Ctrl + M) return Tab button to its normal working status.

I think you may be asking about this setting:

// Insert snippets when their prefix matches. Works best when 'quickSuggestions' aren't enabled.

  "editor.tabCompletion": true,

That is set to false by default, change it to true.

Don't change any keyboard shortcut or something else. You should change the language mod right bottom on the editor. It was selected javascript by default. You should change with Javascript React after that this changes all emmets suggestions is working.enter image description here

enter image description here

For Visual Studio code version 1.33, go to File > Preferences > Settings Search for tabcompletion and by default it is off, select on, that is it, you are done.

Pressing Ctrl+M did not disable the mode for me, however the right side of the bar along the bottom of vs-code shows Tab Moves Focus as enabled, which you can click to disable.

Related