How to connect Power BI to IBM DB2

Viewed 7054

Currently, I am trying to query data from IBM DB2 and then present it in Power BI. However, I notice the information that Power BI needs is different from what I got from the IBM DB2.

The information that Power BI needs is:

Power BI interface

The connection information of IBM DB2 is shown as below:

Host name:  dashdb-enterprisex-xx-xxxx-01.services.xxx.bluemix.net
Port number:    50001
Database name:  BLUDB
User ID:    userid
Password:   ********

What should I fill in?

2 Answers

Server Name is Host Name:Port Number, in your case:

dashdb-enterprisex-xx-xxxx-01.services.xxx.bluemix.net:50001

Database name is: BLUDB

Beware, there might be issues with the IBM driver, and you will need to do additional research.

Choose Microsoft driver. It worked for me.

For server name, you should enter - dashdb-enterprisex-xx-xxxx-01.services.xxx.bluemix.net:
For database name, enter - BLUDB
Then, click OK.

It will take you to next page. There are 2 tabs on that page Windows and Database. Choose Database and enter your username and password.

Below that, there'll be a dropdown to apply settings at level - here, choose server name + database.

Related