I currently developing a react native app ( version 0.55.2) and mapbox/react-native (version 6.1.2-beta2) I have a situation where some annotations are shown initially on map render, then further annotations are loaded when the user's zooms. The first annotations are displayed at the right place.
However, when new annotations are added, there are all stuck at the top left corner.Following their documentation, https://github.com/mapbox/react-native-mapbox-gl/blob/master/docs/MapView.md, I tried to call the function when the map is loaded or rendered. I even tried a setTimeout. The annotations always appears at the topleft map.
Any ideas how should I approach this? THanks!class map extends React.Component {
constructor(props) {
super(props);
this.getMapVisibleBounds = getMapVisibleBounds.bind(this);
this.state = {
...INIT_MAP_STATE
};
}
//compo lifecyle
componentDidUpdate(prevProps, prevState) {
if (this.state.userPosition.longitude !== prevState.userPosition.longitude) {
this.setBounds();//first annotations. works fine
}
if (this.state.zoomLevel !== prevState.zoomLevel) {
this.setBounds(); //update annotations. doesn't work
}
}
render()=>{
const { quest, checkpoint } = this.props;
const { selectedIndex } = this.state;
return (
<View style={styles.container}>
<Mapbox.MapView
styleURL={MAP_STYLE}
zoomLevel={this.state.zoomLevel}
centerCoordinate={[this.state.userPosition.longitude,
this.state.userPosition.latitude]}
style={styles.mapWrap}
>
{this.renderMap(checkpoint, "checkpoint")}
</Mapbox.MapView>
</View>
);
}
setBounds = () => {
this.getMapVisibleBounds(this.map)
.catch(err => {
console.error(err);
})
.then(bounds => {
this._setMapBounds(bounds);// set state bounds
return this.props.onLoadQuest(bounds); //api call
});
}
}
// annotations rendering
class checkPoint extends Component {
constructor(props) {
super(props);
}
renderAnnotations = (data, id) => {
const uniqKey = `checkpoint_${id}`;
return (
<Mapbox.PointAnnotation key={uniqKey} id={uniqKey} coordinate={[data[0], data[1]]}>
<TouchableWithoutFeedback onPress={idx => this.onSelect(id)}>
<Image source={checkPointImg} style={styles.selfAvatar} resizeMode="contain" />
</TouchableWithoutFeedback>
</Mapbox.PointAnnotation>
);
};
render() {
if (!this.props.checkpoint || isEmpty(this.props.checkpoint)) {
return null;
}
const { hits } = this.props.checkpoint;
if (!Array.isArray(hits)) {
return [];
}
return hits.map((c, idx) =>
this.renderAnnotations(c._source.location.coordinates, c._source.id)
);
}
}