I have a project with two directories I would like to version-control. Next to these directories are temporary build files. Is there any chance to setup gitignore properly? It seems git still complains about the project size
Here is my directory:
./
+--- source1 (1000 files)
| +---headers
| +---sources
| +---temp_project_files (1000 files don't belong to git)
|
+--- source2 (1000 files)
| +---headers
| +---sources
| +---temp_project_files (1000 files don't belong to git)
|
+--- temp_build (80.000) files
|
|
+--- .gitignore
My gitignore file contains this:
!/source1/**/*.cpp
!/source1/**/*.h
!/source2/**/*.cpp
!/source2/**/*.h
So I filter out everything except for *.cpp and *.h files, still git complains by telling me:
> The git repository at /path/to/dir/ has too many active changes, only a subset of Git features will be enabled.
Reason for that is, that git seems to check in all files from gitignore as untracked. What am I doing wrong here?