The MDN page about set seems to state that an
[ECMAScript 2015] setter must not appear in an object literal ... with a data entry for the same property.
However when using the super keyword this no longer seems to apply.
class Foo {
constructor(bar){
this.bar = bar
}
set bar(newBar){
if (!newBar.match(/\w+/))
throw Error("Invalid bar value")
// I can use super despite not being a derived class.
return super.bar = newBar
}
}
const baz = new Foo("Baz")
baz.bar = "new value" // No recursion
This seems like a useful feature as the property doesn't have to be "hidden" by prefixing it with an underscore. Plus I don't have to mess with the property enumerability to avoid the "hidden" version from showing in a loop or serialization.
But the set syntax is a bit of a black-box and I can't tell what it's actually doing.
Am I breaking something here or is it okay to use?
Also what is super referencing here?