How to arrange 4 Seaborn plots in a grid (Python)?

Viewed 11961

I would like to arrange four Seaborn plots in a 2 x 2 grid. I tried the following code but I got an exception. I would also like to know how to set titles and xlabel, ylabel in the subplots and a title for the overall grid plot.

Some toy data:

df
'{"age":{"76":33,"190":30,"255":36,"296":27,"222":19,"147":39,"127":23,"98":24,"168":29,"177":39,"197":27,"131":36,"36":30,"219":28,"108":38,"198":34,"40":32,"246":24,"109":26,"117":47,"20":26,"113":24,"279":35,"120":35,"7":26,"119":28,"272":24,"66":28,"87":28,"133":28},"Less_than_College":{"76":1,"190":1,"255":0,"296":1,"222":1,"147":1,"127":0,"98":0,"168":1,"177":1,"197":0,"131":1,"36":0,"219":0,"108":0,"198":0,"40":0,"246":0,"109":1,"117":1,"20":0,"113":0,"279":0,"120":0,"7":0,"119":1,"272":0,"66":1,"87":0,"133":0},"college":{"76":0,"190":0,"255":0,"296":0,"222":0,"147":0,"127":1,"98":1,"168":0,"177":0,"197":1,"131":0,"36":1,"219":1,"108":0,"198":1,"40":1,"246":0,"109":0,"117":0,"20":1,"113":1,"279":0,"120":1,"7":1,"119":0,"272":0,"66":0,"87":1,"133":1},"Bachelor":{"76":0,"190":0,"255":1,"296":0,"222":0,"147":0,"127":0,"98":0,"168":0,"177":0,"197":0,"131":0,"36":0,"219":0,"108":1,"198":0,"40":0,"246":1,"109":0,"117":0,"20":0,"113":0,"279":1,"120":0,"7":0,"119":0,"272":1,"66":0,"87":0,"133":0},"terms":{"76":30,"190":15,"255":30,"296":30,"222":30,"147":15,"127":15,"98":15,"168":30,"177":30,"197":15,"131":30,"36":15,"219":15,"108":30,"198":7,"40":30,"246":15,"109":15,"117":15,"20":15,"113":15,"279":15,"120":15,"7":15,"119":30,"272":15,"66":30,"87":30,"133":15},"Principal":{"76":1000,"190":1000,"255":1000,"296":1000,"222":1000,"147":800,"127":800,"98":800,"168":1000,"177":1000,"197":1000,"131":1000,"36":1000,"219":800,"108":1000,"198":1000,"40":1000,"246":1000,"109":1000,"117":1000,"20":1000,"113":800,"279":800,"120":800,"7":800,"119":1000,"272":1000,"66":1000,"87":1000,"133":1000}}'

fig = plt.figure()
fig.subplots_adjust(hspace=0.4, wspace=0.4)
ax = fig.add_subplot(2, 2, 1)
ax.sns.distplot(df.Principal)
ax = fig.add_subplot(2, 2, 2)
ax.sns.distplot(df.terms)
ax = fig.add_subplot(2, 2, 3)
ax.sns.barplot(data = df[['Less_than_College', 'college', 'Bachelor', ]])
ax = fig.add_subplot(2, 2, 4)
ax.sns.boxplot(data = df['age'])
plt.show()

AttributeError: 'AxesSubplot' object has no attribute 'sns'
1 Answers

ax is matplotlib object that do not have sns attribute, because of this you are getting error. sns is seaborn object. If you want to use ax object with seaborn plot for your case pass parameter ax=ax in seaborn object as follows:

fig = plt.figure()
fig.subplots_adjust(hspace=0.4, wspace=0.4)
ax = fig.add_subplot(2, 2, 1)
sns.distplot(df.Principal,ax=ax)
ax = fig.add_subplot(2, 2, 2)
sns.distplot(df.terms,ax=ax)
ax = fig.add_subplot(2, 2, 3)
sns.barplot(data = df[['Less_than_College', 'college', 'Bachelor']],ax=ax)
ax.set_xticklabels(ax.get_xticklabels(), rotation=90)
ax = fig.add_subplot(2, 2, 4)
sns.boxplot(df['age'],ax=ax)
plt.show()

The plot looks like this.

Resulting plot

Related