I'm trying to save jpg files with cloud code on parse server ...
On Android I can do it using this way
Bitmap bitmap = ((BitmapDrawable) myImageView.getDrawable()).getBitmap();
ByteArrayOutputStream stream = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
bitmap.compress(Bitmap.CompressFormat.JPEG, 100, stream);
byte [] byteArrayPhotoUpdate = stream.toByteArray();
final ParseFile pictureFileParse = new ParseFile( newUserInfo.getObjectId() + ".JPEG",byteArrayPhotoUpdate);
newUserInfo.put("profile_picture",pictureFileParse);
newUserInfo.saveInBackground();
But I have no idea how to do this in the cloud code. I call my cloud code functions like this
HashMap<String, String> params = new HashMap();
ParseCloud.callFunctionInBackground("myCloudFuncion", params, new FunctionCallback<String>() {
@Override
public void done(String aFloat, ParseException e) {
}
});
but I have no idea how to pass a bitmap in hashmap params. I already searched the internet, but nothing that I found in helped, the links that refer to something useful, is already old and outdated, from the epoch of the old parse ...
In parse docs I found this
var base64 = "V29ya2luZyBhdCBQYXJzZSBpcyBncmVhdCE=";
var file = new Parse.File("myfile.txt", { base64: base64 });
Which made me confused because I do not know if the 2 "base64" parameters refer to variable or base64 type
Should I convert my bitmap to base64 and send it as parameter to the cloud code?
If you have been through this and know how, I will be very happy to know your solution. Thank you!