I have the following two pandas dataframes. I need to multiply df1 by df2 for corresponding df1 Col 2 and df2 columns.
df1
Col 1 A B
Col 2 1 2 3 1 2 3
date
2017-01-01 1 2 1 8 6 2
2017-01-02 2 4 2 3 2 1
2017-01-03 3 3 5 2 3 5
df2
date 1 2 3
2017-01-01 20% 10% 5%
2017-01-02 30% 20% 15%
2017-01-03 40% 30% 12%
I am looking to multiply col 2 of table 1 with corresponding columns of table 2. For eg, for column A column 1 on 2017-01-01, values 1*20% to get 0.2. See the final required table below:
Col 1 A B
Col 2 1 2 3 1 2 3
date
2017-01-01 0.2 0.2 0.05 1.6 0.6 0.1
2017-01-02 0.6 0.8 0.3 0.9 0.4 0.15
2017-01-03 1.2 0.9 0.6 0.8 0.9 0.6
I have tried 3 for loops with date and column ranges, but the df1[i][j].loc[date] is not indexing properly. I have been stuck at this for a while now and would really appreciate help.