I'm trying to build a table view, one of the cells in this TableView is a tabs widget. so I'm creating this tab widget as a CollectionView. the cells of the collectionView have different subViews and each cell has it's own size.
what I'm trying to achieve is Self-sizing cells in the collectionView, but it is not working.
I'll provide you with the way I used so I can get your help.
//MARK: TableView
func tableView(_ tableView: UITableView, heightForRowAt indexPath: IndexPath) -> CGFloat {
return UITableViewAutomaticDimension
}
func tableView(_ tableView: UITableView, cellForRowAt indexPath: IndexPath) -> UITableViewCell {
let cell = tableView.dequeueReusableCell(withIdentifier: "DetailsTabs", for: indexPath) as! DetailsTabs /*this cell has 2 collectionViews. The first collectionView is the tabs and the second collectionView is the content that should be diplayed. I gave the first collectionView a fixed height, trailing leading and top. the second collectionView has trailing, leading bottom, and top to the first collectionView*/
cell.postDetail = postDetail
cell.widgets = self.Template
cell.parentController = self
cell.Shownavigationbar = self.Shownavigationbar
return cell
}
//MARK: DetailsTabs Class
override func awakeFromNib() {
//code to setUp the collectionViews
//pagesLayout is the UICollectionViewFlowLayout for the second collectionView
pagesLayout.estimatedItemSize = CGSize(width: UIScreen.main.bounds.width, height: 1)
}
//MARK: IN collectionView Cells I added this function:
override func preferredLayoutAttributesFitting(_ layoutAttributes: UICollectionViewLayoutAttributes) -> UICollectionViewLayoutAttributes {
setNeedsLayout()
layoutIfNeeded()
let size = contentView.systemLayoutSizeFitting(layoutAttributes.size)
var frame = layoutAttributes.frame
frame.size.height = ceil(size.height)
layoutAttributes.frame = frame
return layoutAttributes
}
note: the content of the collectionView cells might be webView or tableview.