I met some problems when I using sympy to solve mathematical problems, my code is like this,
eq1=Eq(0, -sympy.sqrt(x**2) + sympy.sqrt((x + 4)**2))
sympy.solve(eq1,x)
the answer for this equation ought to be -2, but I got an empty list instead
I met some problems when I using sympy to solve mathematical problems, my code is like this,
eq1=Eq(0, -sympy.sqrt(x**2) + sympy.sqrt((x + 4)**2))
sympy.solve(eq1,x)
the answer for this equation ought to be -2, but I got an empty list instead
eq1=Eq(0, -sympy.sqrt(x**2) + sympy.sqrt((x + 4)**2))
sympy.solveset(eq1,x)
this should work
OUTPUT
{-2}
btw sympy got an exelent website that would have given you the answer, along with a very intuitive shell inside the browser https://docs.sympy.org/latest/tutorial/solvers.html
here is what sympy has to say on the matter:
"Please note that there is another function called solve which can also be used to solve equations. The syntax is solve(equations, variables) However, it is recommended to use solveset instead."