I am developing a client/server application (client and server are both written in C++ and running on Windows computers). I need to authorize the current user of the client computer on the server computer, but without the necessity for the user to enter his password.
In Windows you have the access tokens of the currently running process. You can also check which user is assigned to that token and in which groups it is, etc. I would like to send that token to my server application and validate it there against the domain controller. Is something like this possible in Windows?
I imagine a scenario like that: The client application generates a token, which can be verified against the domain controller that the token was generated by that user and is valid for some minutes. Then the token will be serialized and send to my server application (i. e. via REST API). Then my server deserializes that token and uses a Windows API to validate that generated token against the domain controller. The domain controller also provides additional information like the user name included in that token.
Is that possible? I found something like "Windows Identity Foundation" and "AuthZ" API, but it doesn't seem to fit?
