Error in Kotlin but using only Java - Class kotlin.reflect.jvm.internal.FunctionCaller$FieldSetter

Viewed 10104

I get this error when try to run my Android application and I am not using Kotlin at all, application is written in Java...

Class kotlin.reflect.jvm.internal.FunctionCaller$FieldSetter can not access a member of class com.android.build.gradle.tasks.ManifestProcessorTask with modifiers "private"
4 Answers

I solved it this way:

  1. Delete all the .gradle folders
  2. Invalidate caches / restart everything is OK for me.
Settings -> Languages & Frameworks -> Kotlin Updates -> Update channel -> Early Access Preview/Stable -> Update -> Restart

Or:

Tools -> Kotlin -> Configure Kotlin Plugin Update -> Update channel -> Early Access Preview/Stable -> Update -> Restart
  1. Install the latest Gradle version (1.10.2 at the moment of writing).
  2. Install the latest version of Kotlin plugin: go to Settings Ctrl+Alt+S > Languages & Frameworks > Kotlin Updates > select Update channel > click [Check again]
    My current Kotlin plugin version is 1.3.0-rc-57.

    Settings

  3. Execute Build > Clean Project to remove temporary gradle files.

    Build menu

  4. File > Invalidate Caches / Restart...

    File menu

  5. After restarting Sync Project with Gradle files and Make Project (Ctrl+F9).

    Sync Project with Gradle files button

Related