I have a Base class with several derived classes:
class Base {
private:
long id;
public:
Base() {}
~Base() {}
Base &operator = (long temp) {
id = temp;
return *this;
}
};
template <class C>
class Temp1 : public Base {
public:
Temp1() {}
~Temp1() {}
//do something;
};
template <class C>
class Temp2 : public Base {
public:
Temp2() {}
~ Temp2() {}
//do something;
};
class Executor1 : public Temp1<int> {
public:
Executor1() {}
~Executor1() {}
};
class Executor2 : public Temp2<char> {
public:
Executor2() {}
~Executor2() {}
};
I want those classes to support operator =.
e.g:
int main()
{
long id1 = 0x00001111, id2 = 0x00002222;
Executor1 exec1;
Executor2 exec2;
exec1 = id1; //exec2.id = id1;
exec2 = id2; //exec2.id = id2;
}
I define operator = in Base whose declaration is Base &operator = (long);.
But there is a problem clearly that = doesn't work to derive classes. So I have to define operator = totally do the same thing to every Executor.
How to deal with this case in Base in a better way?