How can I plot Shapely polygons with holes?

Viewed 2594

I would like to have a function plot(shapely_objects) where shapely_objects is a list of Polygons, Points and MultiPolygons. I have something extremely similar, but it fills the holes of polygons. How can I plot Shapely polygons with holes?

Code

from shapely.geometry import Point, shape


def plot(shapely_objects, figure_path='fig.png'):
    from matplotlib import pyplot as plt
    import geopandas as gpd
    boundary = gpd.GeoSeries(shapely_objects)
    boundary.plot(color=['red', 'green'])
    plt.savefig(figure_path, dpi=300, bbox_inches="tight")


p = Point(12.12, 54.085)
name = ''
multi_poly = {'coordinates': (((12.11, 54.08), (12.11, 54.09),
                               (12.13, 54.09), (12.13, 54.08)),
                              ((12.11, 54.08), (12.11, 54.09),
                               (12.13, 54.09), (12.13, 54.08))),
              'type': 'Polygon'}
multi_poly = shape(multi_poly)
plot([p, multi_poly, p])

print('multi_poly.intersects(p) == {}'.format(multi_poly.intersects(p)))
print('multi_poly.touches(p) == {}'.format(multi_poly.touches(p)))
print('multi_poly.contains(p) == {}'.format(multi_poly.contains(p)))
print('p.within(multi_poly) == {}'.format(p.within(multi_poly)))

p, multi_poly = multi_poly, p
print('multi_poly.intersects(p) == {}'.format(multi_poly.intersects(p)))
print('multi_poly.touches(p) == {}'.format(multi_poly.touches(p)))
print('multi_poly.contains(p) == {}'.format(multi_poly.contains(p)))
print('p.within(multi_poly) == {}'.format(p.within(multi_poly)))

Image

The green point is NOT within the red polygon. The hole is missing / filled.

enter image description here

0 Answers
Related