I'm attempting to create a button that contains a gradient covering the whole button, then with an image on just a portion of the button.
(note: for ease of the question I've changed my code to a div, but the outcome remains the same)
Initially this was successful doing such:
<div class="myBtn_1">test button one</div>
.myBtn_1
{
border: solid 1px #ff00ff;
background-image: url('https://picsum.photos/21?image=1080'),
linear-gradient(to right, rgba(141, 245, 146, 1), rgba(255, 255, 255, 1));
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-size: auto 100%;
width: 200px;
height: 50px;
padding-left: 65px;
}
the jfiddle representing this can be found: here
HOWEVER I want some border around my image within the button/div, so I added background-position 5px 5px to the css, as well as explicitly setting the background-size (auto 40px). This does add padding to the image, but it also adds padding to the gradient.
again, see the 2nd class in the same jfiddle
Question: how can I create a button/div in css that has a gradient covering the full background, then add an image that has padding around it?