What is the proper first version? 0.1.0 or 0.0.1 or anything else?

Viewed 12689

How do you name the initial version? Could you tell the proper version of the first version?

Here is my candidates.

Way1

Start => 0.1.0 => 0.1.1 => 0.1.2
      => 0.2.0 => 0.2.2 => 0.2.3
      ...
      => 0.10.0
      ...
      => 1.0.0

or

Way2

Start => 0.0.1 => 0.0.2
      => 0.1.0 => 0.1.2 => 0.1.3
      ...
      => 0.10.0
      ...
      => 1.0.0

What is the best practice of naming version?

4 Answers

It's your call, but the Semantic Versioning Standard recommends 0.1.0:

The simplest thing to do is start your initial development release at 0.1.0 and then increment the minor version for each subsequent release.


You can use any one. When I started Android Developent, I found that Android Studio used the first version of an app as 1 in the gradle files.
If you want to just know it generally, I recommend using 1.0 or 1 directly

I think it should start at 0.0.1 and then at the main release, it goes to Version 1.0.0

Technique:

Starts at 0.1,0 -> 0.1.1 ;sin (0.1.1) = 0.1.2
0.1.2 (1.7.0 -> cos:1(sin) = 0.5.0
0.2.5 (17.0) * 1.0.0 (sin):cos(0.1.0):e^ (0.1.0) = 
0.0.0 0.1.0(sin):1(cos)0.1.1{0p,0p,0p}*1(sin) = 1.8.0
0.1.6:(1.0.0)^sin{0p0p0p},sin= 0.9.0 0.7.0 /(sin){0p (0.1.0 }sin,[sin],10^(sin)= 1.0.0 sin(0p0p0p):0.1.1(sin:###) atan(0p0p0p) + (1.0.0)cos5(ERR110) = ERR150
Related