While running
$ sudo docker build -t myproj:tag .
I am hit with the message
You are using pip version 10.0.1, however version 18.0 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip' command.
and given recent occasional subtleties manifesting themselves with the error:
"/usr/bin/pip" "from pip import main" "ImportError: cannot import .."
I'd rather yield and indeed upgrade.
And so I add the pip upgrade command in the DockerFile, after the venv is built, since the pip that matters is the one inside the venv (am I getting this right?). So my Dockerfile now has this:
...
RUN python -m venv venv
RUN pip install --upgrade pip
...
But doing so does not avoid the "You are using pip 10.x" message. What am I missing?
Update
Though a promising suggestion, neither
RUN source venv/bin/activate
RUN pip install --upgrade pip
nor
RUN source venv/bin/activate
RUN python -m pip install --upgrade pip
eliminate the "You are using pip version 10.0.1, ..." message.