I am using ef-core 2.1, I have the following simplified entities where one Account maps to zero or more Attribute objects:
public class Account
{
public int Id { get; set; }
public int LongId { get; set; }
public List<Attribute> Attributes { get; set; }
}
public class Attribute
{
public int Id { get; set; }
public string Name { get; set; }
public string Value { get; set; }
public Account Account { get; set; }
}
I have an initial collection of strings that resemble an Attribute.Value for a given fixed Attribute.Name, I want to find a second associated Attribute object from the same parent Account and obtain its Attribute.Value.
I want to left join the ef entities against the initial string collection so I can easily infer:
- Whether no corresponding
Accountexists or anAccountexists without the relatedAttributeobjects (both equate to the same use case). - If an
Accountexists and it contains all the requiredAttributeobjects, I want to obtain the value of the secondaryAttribute.
Without LINQ and ef, I run the following SQL query which ignores the parent Account and produces the result set I want:
CREATE TABLE #Temp
(
id nvarchar(20) not null
);
INSERT INTO #Temp (id) VALUES ('cejawq'), ('issokq'), ('cqlpjq'), ('mbgzvi'), ('wqwlff'), ('iedifh');
SELECT t.[Id], attr2.[Value]
FROM #Temp t
LEFT OUTER JOIN [dbo].[Attributes] attr1
ON t.[Id]=attr1.[Value]
AND attr1.[Name]='uid'
LEFT OUTER JOIN [dbo].[Attributes] attr2
ON attr1.[AccountId]=attr2.[AccountId]
AND attr2.[Name]='objType';
I get the following result set:
id|objType
-----------
cejawq|ext
issokq|ext
cqlpjq|int
mbgzvi|int
wqwlff|ext
iedifh|null
I am struggling with mapping this to efficient LINQ such that the SQL generated produces the result set remotely and ships back data that I can project to an equivalent anonymous type. Do I need to care about the parent objects in the LINQ case? I don't have an index on the Attribute.Value column.
The Attributes table contains the following data:
Id|Name |Value |AccountId
1 |uid |cejawq|1
2 |objType|ext |1
3 |uid |issokq|2
4 |objType|ext |2
5 |uid |cqlpjq|3
6 |objType|int |3
7 |uid |mbgzvi|4
8 |objType|int |4
9 |uid |wqwlff|5
10|objType|ext |5