SSHFS mounting remote ssh server causes Segmentation fault: 11 on mac OS

Viewed 1892

I'm trying to follow this tutorial mounting a SSH server on macOS. I installed with

brew install cask osxfuse

and SSHFS with

brew install sshfs

but when I try to mount the remote folder to a local folder with

sshfs foo@bar:/remote/folder ~/local/folder

I get the error:

Segmentation fault: 11

My OS is

macOS High Siera 10.13.6 (17G65)

I would appreciate if you could help me know what is the problem and how I can solve it.

2 Answers

Just ran into this and the cause on my end was a missing space between the colon and the start of the directory.

sshfs foo@bar: /remote/folder ~/local/folder

Ok, I don't know what the problem was but from here I tried

sudo sshfs -o allow_other,defer_permissions foo@bar:/remote/folder ~/local/folder -p 22

then the folder disappeared and a new drive called OSXFUSE Volume 0 (sshfs) showed up:

enter image description here

although it is still pretty unstable and gets disconnected frequently.

Related