Recently, I encountered a problem while trying to issue a request using NodeJS and request-promise.
The following code is nested inside a multer call for file uploading (using nested functions / clusters.
const options = {
method: 'POST',
uri: 'URL of your choice',
body: {
//Body of the request
},
// json: true,
headers: {
// 'Content-Type': 'application/x-www-form-urlencoded',
},
}
request(options)
.then(function (response) {
console.log('Response: ', response);
})
.catch(function (err) {
console.log('Error: ', err);
});
While using the current request, without the 'json: true' property (commented out), I get the following error:
TypeError [ERR_INVALID_ARG_TYPE]: The first argument must be one of type string or Buffer. Received type object
at write_ (_http_outgoing.js:603:11)
at ClientRequest.write (_http_outgoing.js:575:10)
at Request.write (PATH/node_modules/request/request.js:1500:27)
at end (PATH/node_modules/request/request.js:549:18)
at Immediate.<anonymous> (PATH/node_modules/request/request.js:578:7)
at runCallback (timers.js:696:18)
at tryOnImmediate (timers.js:667:5)
at processImmediate (timers.js:649:5)
at process.topLevelDomainCallback (domain.js:121:23)
And when I turn the 'json: true' option on, the problem doesn't occur, but the remote API returns an error as it doesn't handle JSON requests/their added curly braces well.
Any ideas about getting over this issue?
Thank you.