DB2 insert clob [String constant too long]

Viewed 1246

I'm trying to insert some rows in a DB2 table which has a CLOB column. The limit I found is that I cannot insert a String constant bigger than 32KB and I can't shorten it because it's a JSON String. I'm willing to use as it is returned from the web service (kind of mock service).

  1. I'm actually using DbVisualizer (free), that makes probably things harder I think.

  2. I'm reading the data from a Spring WebApp from which I can try eventually to create a batch to insert the rows reading the data from Files.

  3. I've tried to use the DB2 IMPORT and LOAD commands, but those aren't (of course) recognized as SQL command in the DB2 SQL commander.

Do you have any ideas on what I could have done wrong or what other options I have to insert this ROWS with String constant > 32KB?

0 Answers
Related