Receiving .async error when trying to import the firebase package

Viewed 19249

I'm trying to write a python script that requires a connection to firebase. I've installed the python-firebase package, but when I import it into my program using 'import firebase', I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\hajel\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32\Scripts\RFIDHandler.py", line 1, in <module>
    import firebase
  File "C:\Users\hajel\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32\lib\site-packages\firebase\__init__.py", line 3
    from .async import process_pool
              ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
4 Answers

The issue was fixed here here. For some reason, the working python-firebase package did not make it to PyPI.

In order to fix it, pip install the latest version manually:

pip install git+https://github.com/ozgur/python-firebase

If you need a static version of the library, you could use the commit hash. For example:

pip install \
    git+https://github.com/ozgur/python-firebase@0d79d7609844569ea1cec4ac71cb9038e834c355

The problem is that async is a keyword in python 3.7 the solution is quite simple.

Just rename the file async.py to something other like asyncn.py and replace every from .async import process_pool in the files firebase.py , decorators.py and others , to from .asyncn import process_pool

Edit:

Also it might still persist so change it from init.py file

ya because your action is wrong its a system-generated file don't comment it just follows steps

1)rename .async into .async_

2)open__init__ file and change .async into .async_

3)open firebase.py and change .async into .async_

because of .async is the keyword now is current version in python

Done>>>>>>>>>>

I commented "#from .async import process_pool" in firebase.py and started working, it was incompatible with python 3.7

Related