I would like to create a web application that is able to "ping" the client once the client has accessed certain URL (e.g. www.example.com/ping/hello) in order to get the round trip time between server and client. And by "ping" request i mean a simple request with a timestamp from server and client sends back response with its timestamp. I was hoping for this activity to be done with a single URL if possible.
The flow is something like this:
- Client goes to the URL
- Server sends the response to the client with its timestamp
- Client then sends another response to server with new timestamp
- Server finally concludes the connection with 200 OK
So far I've only been able to do the first and second steps but not sure how to ensure client to go to the same URL again without back to the first step.
My server code is something like this:
@GET
@Path("/helloping")
public Response getPingServerClient(@Context HttpServletRequest req) {
String result = Long.toString(System.currentTimeMillis());
return Response.status(200).entity(result).build();
//the code to receive the response from client containing timestamp
}
Is there a way to do that?