I am looking for a way to keep colorbar (and colors on the scene) constant regardless the data I display (e.g. lets say I want to have colors from 0 to 10, with the current setting mayavi will adjust colors to the data, so first plot would be from 0 to 1, second 0 to 2 etc). Normalization (vmin, vmax) are not the option since they just normalize the data.
#Minimum working example
from numpy import sin, cos, mgrid, pi, sqrt
from mayavi import mlab
mlab.figure(fgcolor=(0, 0, 0), bgcolor=(1, 1, 1))
u, v = mgrid[- 0.035:pi:0.01, - 0.035:pi:0.01]
X = 2 / 3. * (cos(u) * cos(2 * v)
+ sqrt(2) * sin(u) * cos(v)) * cos(u) / (sqrt(2) -
sin(2 * u) * sin(3 * v))
Y = 2 / 3. * (cos(u) * sin(2 * v) -
sqrt(2) * sin(u) * sin(v)) * cos(u) / (sqrt(2)
- sin(2 * u) * sin(3 * v))
Z = -sqrt(2) * cos(u) * cos(u) / (sqrt(2) - sin(2 * u) * sin(3 * v))
for i in range(1,10):
S = sin(u)*i
mlab.mesh(X, Y, Z, scalars=S, colormap='YlGnBu', )
mlab.view(.0, - 5.0, 4)
mlab.colorbar(orientation='vertical')
mlab.show()
mlab.close(all=True)