I'm quite new on Firestore and Firebase libraries. Can someone explain how could I retrieve the fields from my object and stored in a variable on my code? I'm trying to access all the latMin, latMax, lonMin, and lonMax from each object in my Firestore, as well if is a way to retrieve each field with the same name (ex. latMin from place 1 and 2). I don't know if this is possible or maybe there is a better way to have organized my Firebase.
Here is my Cloud Firebase: Here is the image for my Firestore, requested in the comments.
place 1: //This is an Object in my Firestore
//Field = Number : Value ----> This is how object is orginazed
latMax : 39.727
latMin : 39.726
lonMax : -121.7997
lonMin : -121.8003
place 2:
latMax : 39.7559
latMin : 39.755
lonMax : -122.1988
lonMin : -122.1992
I was able to access the objects without any problem, this is the function I'm using to read the documents on my Firestore:
import UIKit
import FirebaseFirestore
import Firebase
import CoreLocation
class SecondViewController: UIViewController, CLLocationManagerDelegate {
//Creating access to locationManager
var locationManager : CLLocationManager!
@IBOutlet weak var latLabel: UILabel!
@IBOutlet weak var lonLabel: UILabel!
@IBOutlet weak var place: UILabel!
@IBOutlet weak var placeImage: UIImageView!
//Storing the pass data that we got from the firt View
var lonStore = String()
var latStore = String()
var fireLon = String()
var fireLat = String()
var lonNumberStore = Double()
var latNumberStore = Double()
var fireLonMax = Double()
var fireLatMax = Double()
var fireLonMin = Double()
var fireLatMin = Double()
override func viewDidLoad() {
//Here goes some code to display on the SecondViewController
readArray()
}
func readArray() {
let placeRef = Firestore.firestore().collection("places")
placeRef.getDocuments { (snapshot, error) in
guard let snapshot = snapshot else {
print("Error \(error!)")
return
}
for document in snapshot.documents {
let documentId = document.documentID
let latMax = document.get("latMax") as! String //Getting a nil error
print(documentId, latMax) //This print all objects
}
}
}
I'm missing something and I know it, the problem is that I can't find any reference of what I need to do in this case, I had read the documentation like 50 times and I can't find the solution. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.
