I achieved firebaseUI translation to my local language by following these steps:
git clone https://github.com/firebase/firebaseui-web
npm install
npm run build build-js-pt-BR && npm run build build-npm-pt-BR
*Note: In my case I wanted to set firebaseUI to brazilian portuguese, therefore I used the language code pt-BR when running 'npm build'. Consequently the generated files will have a pt_br suffix. Just replace this with your desired language code to have firebaseUI working on the language you want. Here you find a list of all supported languages and its codes: https://github.com/firebase/firebaseui-web/blob/master/LANGUAGES.md
import * as firebaseui from 'firebaseui/dist/npm__pt_br'
picture of firebaseUI translated to brazilian portuguese
More details on these links:
https://github.com/firebase/firebaseui-web#building
https://github.com/RaphaelJenni/FirebaseUI-Angular/issues/42
This answer was obtained from https://pt.stackoverflow.com/questions/423285/alterar-idioma-do-template-do-firebaseui. Thanx @Klebers for the having this issue solved!
From the documentation:
Localized versions of the widget are available through the CDN. To use a localized widget, load the localized JS library instead of the default library:
<script src="https://www.gstatic.com/firebasejs/ui/3.4.0/firebase-ui-auth__{LANGUAGE_CODE}.js"></script> <link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="https://www.gstatic.com/firebasejs/ui/3.4.0/firebase-ui-auth.css" />where
{LANGUAGE_CODE}is replaced by the code of the language you want.
For a longer explanation read the docs on Github linked above.