Play Store closed BETA versioning wrt production versioning

Viewed 52

I'm setting up a closed BETA on play store, but I don't intend for this BETA to ever be promoted to production. Therefore, and wanted to know how the versioning interacted with the production track, specifically:

1) I have a current prod version of 1002. I am uploading closed beta as version 1003. Now, if I go ahead and upload a version 1004 on the production track, what will my closed BETA group users see - 1003 or 1004?

2) If the answer to the above is 1004, then how do I get around it (ie. how do I continue serving the same BETA build to my closed group? Can I for example upload it as 1099 on the closed BETA track, and then continue with normal increments on the production track (1002, 1003, 1004...)?

I'd appreciate the help!

1 Answers

yes so having 1003 In closed track, and 1004 is uploaded on prod, beta testers will get 1004 as well...

And no 2 is not an option , 1099 in closed means, next upload to be 1100 ( be it alpha,beta, prod)

Related