I have a problem setting the preferred (accepted language) within headless Chrome using Selenium Webdriver and Ruby. I use the following WebDriver settings:
Selenium::WebDriver::Chrome.driver_path = @config[<path to the Chrome Driver>]
options = Selenium::WebDriver::Chrome::Options.new
options.add_argument('--headless')
options.add_argument('--disable-translate')
options.add_argument("--lang=de")
The driver is then initialized with:
@selenium_driver = Selenium::WebDriver.for :chrome, options: options
Everything works fine but at some pages Chrome returns English content even when I navigate to the German page URL (e.g. page.de). In these cases the Chrome driver returns the English content due to an internal forwarding to page.de/en. I do not specify the en path in my queried URL.
I have tried to set the language using the Webdriver preference:
options.add_preference('accept_languages', 'de')
instead of the add_argument but it doesn't change anything of the behavior.
Does anyone have an idea how to force a headless Chrome controlled by Selenium Webdriver within Ruby to request page content in a defined language or - not optimal but it might help as a workaround - to stop the forwarding?
Any help greatly appreciated
Best
Krid