I am learning Kubernetes with Docker to launch a simple Python web application. I am new to all the above technologies.
Below is the approach I was planning on:
- Install Kubernetes.
- Have a cluster up and running locally.
- Install Docker.
- Create Python Application
I successfully installed Kubectl on my local using Chocolatey following instructions from https://kubernetes.io/docs/tasks/tools/install-kubectl/.
I created .\kube directory in C:\Users directory. But I do not see any config files neither in the location where kubernetes has been installed C:\ProgramData\Chocolatey\lib\kubernetes-cli\tools\kubernetes\client\bin nor in C:\Users\User1\.kube directory.
When I run the command ".\kubectl cluster-info" in powershell against C:\ProgramData\Chocolatey\lib\kubernetes-cli\tools\kubernetes\client\bin
I get "Kubernetes master is running at http://localhost:8080" response. But when I run the same command against C:\Users\User1.kube I get
.\kubectl : The term '.\kubectl' is not recognized as the name of a cmdle or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
Am I doing it the wrong way or missing anything here?
This blog says https://blog.tekspace.io/install-kubernetes-cli-on-windows-10/ "copy config file from Kubernetes master node to .kube folder" but I dont see any config file!
Appreciate your help.
