How Boolean values should be stored in Google Sheets for Google Data Studio data source?

Viewed 2884

We use Google Sheets as data source in Google Data Studio reports. There is a need to export some flags and use them in reports. But none of formats for boolean values I've tried do not work in Data Studio. I've tried following options:

  • TRUE/FALSE
  • true/false
  • 1/0
  • yes/no

When I create new data source google sets default type as Text or Number. If I change type to Boolean manually then I get "The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request" error message.

Is it possible at all?

1 Answers

I've just tried this with identical results. However I found I could create a working Boolean field as a calculated field in the data source (my Sheets column called mybooleanfield and populated with =0=1 for FALSE and =1=1 for TRUE, just to make sure):

case when mybooleanfield='TRUE' then true else false end

This calculated field is a proper working Boolean in GDS.

Related