I am tring to change the color of outline or border of the textInputLayout, I dont know why its not changeing, I search and find some solutions but didnt work for me.
here I put the style and then apply it in the textInputLayout
<style name="WhiteOutlineBox" parent="Widget.MaterialComponents.TextInputLayout.OutlineBox">
<item name="boxStrokeColor">@color/snow </item>
<item name="hintTextAppearance">@style/TextLabel</item>
<item name="android:textColorHint">@color/snow</item>
<item name="passwordToggleTint">@color/snow</item>
<item name="colorControlNormal">@color/snow</item>
<item name="colorControlActivated">@color/snow</item>
<item name="colorControlHighlight">@color/snow</item>
<item name="colorPrimary">@color/snow</item>
<item name="colorPrimaryDark">@color/snow</item>
<item name="colorAccent">@color/snow</item>
</style>
<!-- this style for the hint text lable in textInputLayout -->
<style name="TextLabel" parent="TextAppearance.Design.Hint">
<item name="android:textSize">12sp</item>
<item name="android:textColor">@color/snow</item>
</style>
here the code of appling it in textInputLayout in xml
<android.support.design.widget.TextInputLayout
android:id="@+id/ed_oldPass"
style="@style/WhiteOutlineBox"
android:layout_width="match_parent"
android:layout_height="wrap_content"
android:layout_marginStart="32dp"
android:layout_marginEnd="32dp"
android:layout_marginTop="50dp"
app:passwordToggleEnabled="true">
<android.support.design.widget.TextInputEditText
style="@style/WhiteOutlineBox"
android:layout_width="match_parent"
android:layout_height="56dp"
android:background="@color/snow"
android:textColor="@color/snow"
android:layout_marginBottom="10dp"
android:hint="@string/old_pass_ed_hint"
android:inputType="textPassword"
android:paddingEnd="10dp"
android:paddingStart="10dp" />
</android.support.design.widget.TextInputLayout>
the stroke color, hintTextAppearence, hint color and pass toggle tint color changed but others no ,what I want is changing the color of border when its not focused how to do that? please help and thanks in advance


