I've got a ColdFusion 10 form, to which I'm adding a new multiple select list
<SELECT multiple="multiple" id="icd9list"
name="icd9list"
size="2"
class="pageText2"
style="width:400px;">
</SELECT>
It shows up on the form correctly and I can get items added to it with JavaScript, but when I go to process the form, the form action page is giving the following error:
Element ICD9LIST is undefined in FORM.
I've added cfparam tags on the initial form page, as well as the form action page where I'm getting the error.
Can't for the life of me figure out why it's not passing the form element to the action page. The method is post, so it should be picking it up. All of the other form elements on the page are picked up fine.
<cfform action="updform.cfm" name="custform" method="POST">
I also tried to use custform.icd9list and got the same issue:
Element ICD9LIST is undefined in CUSTFORM.
This page is some VERY legacy code that we can't really go back and refactor too much. The only thing I'm thinking is that when the page first loads, the multiple select option is blank and then we are adding options to it via javascript from a pop-out window after the fact. When I inspect the element in Chrome, after I've added options to it, they are there, but I'm wondering if it's still being treated as a blank multiple select list. I do know that if I remove the multiple attribute and treat the form element as a single drop down list that it shows up in the form dump with a value, but only the first (or whatever selected) value.
Beginning to think the answer may be to have a hidden field with the option values populated and let the form read that.