I'm trying to enrich the SLF4J MDC on each request with the user's ID. The problem is that the ID can be passed in many ways, sometimes as a path parameter, sometimes in the body, and sometimes injected by a custom ValueFactoryProvider that first decrypts it.
If I could somehow access all the injected (i.e. already deserialized) parameter values, I could handle all these cases easily.
E.g.
For a resource such as:
@GET
//@Encrypted params are injected by a custom ValueFactoryProvider
public Something getSomething(@Encrypted("userId") String userId) {
return ...;
}
@POST
public Something getSomething(@RequestBody RequestWithUserId requestWithUserId) {
return ...;
}
I could have a filter such as:
public class MdcFilter implements ContainerRequestFilter, ContainerResponseFilter {
@Context
private ResourceInfo resourceInfo;
@Override
public void filter(ContainerRequestContext requestContext) throws IOException {
Method theMethod = resourceInfo.getResourceMethod();
for (Parameter parameter : theMethod.getParameters()) {
//Deal with the @Encrypted case
if (parameter.isAnnotationPresent(Encrypted.class) && parameter.getAnnotation(Encrypted.class).value().equals("userId")) {
MDC.put("userId", somehowGetTheValue());
}
//Deal with the @RequestBody case
if (parameter.isAnnotationPresent(RequestBody.class) && parameter.getType().equals(RequestWithUserId.class)) {
MDC.put("userId", ((RequestWithUserId)somehowGetTheValue()).getUserId());
}
... //other possibilities
}
}
@Override
public void filter(ContainerRequestContext requestContext, ContainerResponseContext responseContext) throws IOException {
MDC.clear();
}
}
But I don't see a way to implement somehowGetTheValue either from a ContainerRequestFilter an interceptor or anything else...