Tensorflow could not create cudnn handle: CUDNN_STATUS_ALLOC_FAILED

Viewed 5084

Recently, I try to repeat the deep learning experiment in Github. However, every time I run that experiment, I will receive the following error information.

2018-08-27 09:32:16.827025: E T:\src\github\tensorflow\tensorflow\stream_executor\cuda\cuda_dnn.cc:332] could not create cudnn handle: CUDNN_STATUS_ALLOC_FAILED

In this situation, I set the session in Tensorflow as the following.

sess = tf.Session(config=tf.ConfigProto(allow_soft_placement=True, log_device_placement=False))

If I try to limit the GPU memory as the following, I find that I do not have enough memory to run my model.

gpu_options = tf.GPUOptions(per_process_gpu_memory_fraction=0.333)
sess = tf.Session(config=tf.ConfigProto(gpu_options=gpu_options))

The information about my GPU is as the following. I am not sure where the problem is and I have met such problems several times. Thank you for your contribution!

2018-08-27 09:31:45.966248: IT:\src\github\tensorflow\tensorflow\core\platform\cpu_feature_guard.cc:141] Your CPU supports instructions that this TensorFlow binary was not compiled to use: AVX2
2018-08-27 09:31:46.199314: I T:\src\github\tensorflow\tensorflow\core\common_runtime\gpu\gpu_device.cc:1392] Found device 0 with properties: 
name: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti major: 6 minor: 1 memoryClockRate(GHz): 1.683
pciBusID: 0000:01:00.0
totalMemory: 11.00GiB freeMemory: 9.09GiB
2 Answers

sean. According to the documentation. The error status CUDNN_STATUS_ALLOC_FAILED is due problem with the host memory and not the device memory. Check your RAM also.

Related