How do I accept the closed parenthesis in Atom Text Editor?

Viewed 656

This seems like it should be so simple but I'm new to programming and Atom TE. For Python, when I type "print(" atom will automatically add a ")" so when I continue with "some text" and the closed parenthesis is in front of my cursor, how do I "accept" the closed parentheses and move on to the next line? Enter moves the closed parenthesis to the next line, tab adds 3 spaces. What's the point of auto filling the closed parenthesis if I can't accept it and continue on?? What am I missing?

3 Answers

Expand on Dan Lowe's answer.

On Mac you can use commandreturn to skip past the auto-complete characters and go to a new line.

I know this question is a few years old, but it was the first thing that popped up when I tried searching for this same thing. Also new so correct me if I'm wrong, but I found that CTRL+ENTER creates a line break while preserving the ") at the end of the function. I'm sure they made an update which is why it didn't work before.

Related