When writing unit tests for a React Native project I want to be able to test different snapshots based on different platforms.
I first tried jest.mock to mock Platform but seems to be async. This approach does work when I have two separate files, but I'd prefer to keep everything in one file if possible.
I tried jest.doMock because of this snippet from the documentation:
When using babel-jest, calls to mock will automatically be hoisted to the top of the code block. Use this method if you want to explicitly avoid this behavior. https://facebook.github.io/jest/docs/en/jest-object.html#jestdomockmodulename-factory-options
However I'm still seeing undesirable results. When I console.log in the android test I see that Platform.OS is whatever I set the first doMock to be.
I also tried wrapping the mock in a beforeEach in a describe becasue I thought that might help with scoping
http://facebook.github.io/jest/docs/en/setup-teardown.html#scoping
describe('ios test', () => {
it('renders ui correctly', () => {
jest.doMock('Platform', () => {
const Platform = require.requireActual('Platform');
Platform.OS = 'ios';
return Platform;
});
const wrapper = shallow(<SomeComponent />);
const tree = renderer.create(wrapper).toJSON();
expect(tree).toMatchSnapshot();
});
});
describe('android test', () => {
it('renders ui correctly', () => {
jest.doMock('Platform', () => {
const Platform = require.requireActual('Platform');
Platform.OS = 'android';
return Platform;
});
const wrapper = shallow(<SomeComponent />);
const tree = renderer.create(wrapper).toJSON();
expect(tree).toMatchSnapshot();
});
});
Any ideas on how I can change the mock Platform for tests in the same file?