Gimp Python plugin gimp.Image as numpy array

Viewed 1401

I'm working on a python plugin for GIMP and I would like to obtain the RGB matrix of a layer as a numpy array. To access the layer in the python plugin I use the next code:

def python_function(img, layer):
    layer = img.layers[0]

I would like to make layer variable, instead of a gimp.Image variable, a numpy array containing, for each pixel, its RGB values. What I use in other nonGimp-python code is this next line: frame2 = misc.imread('C:\Users\User\Desktop\image2.png').astype(np.float32). If I print frame2 I get a matrix such as this one, containing for each pixel its RGB values:

[[[ 111.  179.  245.]
  [ 111.  179.  245.]
  [ 111.  179.  245.]
  ..., 
  [  95.  162.  233.]
  [  95.  162.  233.]
  [  95.  162.  233.]]

 [[ 111.  179.  245.]
  [ 111.  179.  245.]
  [ 111.  179.  245.]
  ..., 
  [  95.  162.  233.]
  [  95.  162.  233.]
  [  95.  162.  233.]]

 [[ 111.  179.  245.]
  [ 111.  179.  245.]
  [ 111.  179.  245.]
  ..., 
  [  95.  162.  233.]
  [  95.  162.  233.]
  [  95.  162.  233.]]
  ..., 
  [ 113.  127.  123.]
  [ 113.  127.  123.]
  [ 113.  127.  123.]]

 [[  98.  112.  108.]
  [  98.  112.  108.]
  [  98.  112.  108.]
  ..., 
  [ 113.  127.  123.]
  [ 113.  127.  123.]
  [ 113.  127.  123.]]]

Is there any way to convert a gimp.Image type variable to a numpy array without saving it on a file and reloading it using Scipy?

Thanks.

1 Answers
Related