adding a new package to an sbt Scala project

Viewed 1360

This may be an elementary question, but I'm having a hard time finding any relevant links. (Plus I don't know Java so I might be starting a bit behind.)

I want to understand how to add local packages to a Scala project in sbt. For instance, where do I put the files, what do I name them, and how must I modify build.sbt?

Let's say I'm starting with a tutorial project that I already checked out from Git. I just want to add more packages, for the purpose of organizing code into different packages.

I've seen many links to Scala tutorials, but the build.sbt and packages are already set up for me.

When I Google on phrases like "add new package to sbt project" I get back pages about IntelliJ IDEA, or Eclipse, or there's one page that explains how to "package a Scala project for deployment," which seems to be a different meaning of the word "pacakge."

1 Answers
Related