Pass Comparator in custom list Constructor, which is used to sort contents of the list

Viewed 480

I'm working on an Assignment where we're to create our own Generic Linked List. The List takes a Comparator<T> in its constructor, and we are to use the compare method of that comparator in our sorting algorithm. I've got the List working and fully tested, but I'm having issues passing a comparator type.

Keeping in mind the comparator would be passed by an end-user, how would you define and pass a comparator?

The constructor looks like: public SorterList(final Comparator<T> comparator) {}

Thanks for any ideas!

Edit: When trying this, I get an error when creating the new SorterList object: image.

public static void main(String[] args) {
Comparator<Integer> comparator = new Comparator<Integer>() {

       public int compare(final Integer o1, final Integer o2) {

                // Ignore the simplicity of the compare
                if(o1 > o2)
                    return 0;
                else
                    return 1;

       }

    };

SorterList<Integer> intList = new SorterList<Integer>(comparator);

}
0 Answers
Related