What is the importance of post-buffer in uwsgi or nginx?

Viewed 3241

I've a python bottle app configured over nginx and uwsgi, where I'm finding it hard to understand uwsgi post-buffering option,

Could someone explain me whats the purpose of post-buffering?

What the maximum number of bytes which can be set for this option..?

I want to submit, around 100MB payload over one of the POST endpoints, can we set the post-buffering to support this value..?

Is there any other thing needs to be taken care of when we are opting for this option..?

Configuration

CentOS 6.8

Python 2.6

uWSGI (2.0.11.2)

nginx/1.11.5

1 Answers

basically, if an upload or an request is extremely slow, and you only have like 3 or 4 workers available, all of the workers will busy doing slow but meaningless data receiving work.

If you have a post-buffer, then good news, uWSGi will gather enough data first, then forward to the worker of python code to do the actual business.

Related