GCP Storage Authenticated Browser Downloads

Viewed 482

I've been attempting to setup authenticated browser downloads for files within our GCS buckets, but cannot make this work. Users with READER ACL permissions always receive Forbidden/403.

The section on Cookie-based authentication, states this should work, as does this on Authenticated Browser Downloads.

I tried creating a project level IAM entry for the user@domain.com with Storage Object Viewer and a Custom Role for the storage.objects.get permission.

Then tried directly setting the user@domain.com READ permission on the bucket and on the file directly, both via the Console and via:

gsutil acl ch -u user@domain.com:R gs://<bucket>
gsutil acl ch -u user@domain.com:R gs://<bucket>/file

I've also tried to set default ACLs.

I'm testing the downloads from a different browser (tried both Chrome and Safari).

When I request the https://storage.cloud.google.com/<bucket>/file, I am prompted to authenticate but always receive the Forbidden/403.

Is there a way to see where/why the permission is being denied ? What am I missing ?

1 Answers
Related