I currently have a web project for a game and I want users to be able to login to share stuff, that is currently done (and neatly working) using google's firebase authentication.
But I want people to be able to be authenticated via Steam (using Oauth2)
the firebase reference/API (https://firebase.google.com/docs/auth/web/custom-auth) wasn't to helpful as I couldn't find exact (working) examples of what I need to implement and I don't have too much experience with Oauth2 or Firebase yet.
from http://steamcommunity.com/dev I got my API key and that I should use "http://steamcommunity.com/openid" as the provider.
And I tried using it this way:
var provider = new firebase.auth.OAuthProvider("steamcommunity.com/openid");
firebase.auth().signInWithPopup(provider).catch(function(error)
{
console.log(error.message);
});
this is the basic function that works with all the default providers (Google, Twitter, Facebook, etc)
However I get a "provider ID not supported" in the console, and I have obviously forgotten something somewhere, but I don't really know what it is exactly (I know I should be inputting the API secret from steam somewhere) and I am not sure for where to start looking (eg. do I need to change anything in my firebase settings, ..)
It would be really helpful if someone could help me out with my problem or point to a working example that I can go through, as my googling has only led me to the official firebase references and API and those haven't really helped me so far.