I'm trying to remotely launch and debug a new process with lldb without much success.
Attaching to an already launched process works well by running these commands:
process connect <url>
process attach -P gdb-remote --pid <pid>
But if I want debugserver to launch the executable by itself I'm running into troubles. Especially, I have no clue what arguments should I pass to target create.
According to this page LLDB "will transparently take care of [..] downloading the executable in order to be able to debug", yet target create seem to always require a local file. If I specify the remote file via -r I get either unable to open target file or remote --> local transfer without local path is not implemented yet errors. If I set the target to a local file (such as a local copy of the remote's loader executable) without using -r, then attempt to run process launch -p gdb-remote -s <remote path> LLDB will attempt running the local path on the remote machine and fail.
What are the correct commands I need to use in order to launch a remote process?