modulus values (roots) in VECM model using R?

Viewed 1049

thanks for reading my question. I am trying to fit a VECM for an economic research, i am using the vars and urca package on R using Rstudio. Considering i have no stationary time series, and both need one difference ,both are I(1), i need to use the VECM approach, but i can not get all the tests i need.

For example: First i load the libraries

library(vars)
library(urca)

and create my model

data("Canada")
df <- Canada
VARselect(df)
vecm  <- urca::ca.jo(df,K = 3)
model <- vec2var(vecm)

The problem is, i can not get the "modules" values to prove stability, i know i can use roots() function to get this values from a "varest" object, for example:

roots(VAR(df,3))

My question is: how can i get modulus from my vec2var object, roots() doesn't handle this kind of object. I know Gretl can do it (using unit circle to prove stability), so is posible to get this values from a VECM?. How can i do it in R?

1 Answers
Related