Below is an expression I am using to pull out the forename from a user ID
i.e. "text\[forename] [Surname]"
at the moment this expression is suitable if " " is between the forename and surname. However, what i have noticed is that " " can be replaced by "." or "/" or "_" for example.
The trouble I am having is including multiple "Mid" functions to include all these options. I have attempted using "Or", "Switch" and a number of other operators with no effect.
I am not using a dataset, rather a parameter within the report i.e. when a user logs onto the report, their UserID is taken as the paramter.
Am I missing something obvious or have i missed the mark completely?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
= "Hi " + Mid(Parameters!User.Value, InStr(Parameters!User.Value,"\")+1, (InStr(Parameters!User.Value, " ") - InStr(Parameters!User.Value, "\") - 1)) + "," &
chr(10) & chr(13) &
chr(10) & chr(13) &
"You have access to the Teams listed below. Only data from these teams will be shown in any analysis. Please click above to continue to the Dashboards"