Just something I'm curious about. Here's what I do:
I have a class with a member(
type) who I want to rename toalertType, for example.I right click the member,
Refactor->Rename..and enter the new name.- I'm prompted if I want to rename getters and setter too, I say yes.
- IntelliJ scans my whole project and gives me the list of changes
- The default refactoring is so broad, it renames any variable called
type, or many html tags. - I know I can exclude/remove these refactorings, but if I forget to do that, it breaks my codebase and I have to revert, which is a bit tedious.
My question is, is there a way to change the default rename behaviour to only include the Field to be renamed and References in code to parameter, method refactorings? I don't think I would ever want the dynamic and comment/string replacements- I'm just trying to quickly rename a single variable.
