Iframe not loading every time

Viewed 2233

I'm having a problem with displaying an iframe in my page. I am trying to use google docs to preview documents (doc, docx, pdf) from my server. Currently, I am using the following code (I've removed the URL for safety reasons):

<iframe src='//docs.google.com/viewer?url=&amp;embedded=true' width='100%' height='600px' frameborder='0' 
allowtransparency='true' style='position:relative';>Loading ...</iframe>"

The iframe loads perfectly 4 out of 5 times and when it doesn't load I get a blank iframe with empty DOM and no errors in the console. I've tested this with Chrome, Opera, FireFox, Edge and I got the same result with each one. I am really frustrated because I am losing a whole day trying to fix this problem.

I've tried to replace iframe with object like this:

<object type="text/html" data="My_Url_Here" style="width:100%; height:300px"></object>

And I got the same exact result. Has anyone run the same problem? I am using Joomla CMS. I am open to suggestions for js libraries or Joomla addons that will help me with displaying documents from the server.

0 Answers
Related