Installation failed trying to install MySQL ODBC connector on macOS High Sierra

Viewed 8206

I'm trying to install this mysql odbc connector on my macOS High Sierra machine, but I get this error: enter image description here

I tried installing it using installer in the hopes of getting information about what went wrong:

➜  ~ sudo installer -pkg Desktop/mysql-connector-odbc-5.3.9-macos10.12-x86-64bit.pkg -target / -verbose
installer: Package name is MySQL Connector/Odbc 5.3.9
installer: Installing at base path /
installer: Preparing for installation….....
installer: Preparing the disk….....
installer: Preparing MySQL Connector/Odbc 5.3.9….....
installer: Waiting for other installations to complete….....
installer: Configuring the installation….....
installer:
#
installer: Validating packages….....
#
installer: The install failed (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.)

But that doesn't help. Do you have any tips on how I can debug this and get the connector installed? Thanks.

2 Answers

I know I'm reviving an old thread, but having just had this exact problem/issue, and not solving with the iodbc installation, I thought I'd post the solution that worked for me. Use the commmand line... open terminal and run...

pip install mysql-connector-python

or

pip install mysql-connector
Related